How To Participate in the 2019 Striper Cup:
- Tournament opens Wednesday, May 1, 2019. Tournament ends Sunday, September 15, 2019.
- Submit up to 3 fish photos per week, entries of ANY length accepted.
- More inches = more chances to win weekly prize drawings!
- Fish can be caught by boat, shore, or kayak.
- STRIPERFEST will be held on Saturday, September 28, 2019.
- You don’t even have to catch a fish to win the GRAND PRIZE – a brand-new boat!
The Striper Cup is like three tournaments in one!
Tournament #1 – Win Individual Weekly Prizes:
- All entrants are eligible!
- Submit photos of up to 3 fish per week on StriperCup.com.
- You tell us the length of the fish.
- Every inch gives you a chance in weekly prize drawings.
- Weekly entries will also be judged for Costa Sunglasses photo contest, which rewards the top photo each week.
- Submit your entry and photo through our online form. Catches for the week close at 11:59 PM Sunday evenings. Submissions for the week close on the following Mondays at 5:00 PM. (Submissions received after that time can be applied to the next week’s submissions and prize drawing).
Tournament #2 – Team Competition for Striper Cup Trophy
- Team competition is for the Striper Cup Trophy only.
- If you include a team name when you sign up for the Cup, you will be automatically registered within 5 business days at the iAngler Tournament site.
- You must then submit fish for the team competition through the iAngler Tournament site or app.
- Team score will be the highest possible point total made up of 10 fish (an individual angler may contribute no more than 2 fish to the total).
- The team competition requires that fish be photographed with measuring device AND 2019 Striper Cup sticker visible.
- CLICK HERE for a printable PDF version of the 2019 Striper Cup sticker
Tournament #3 – Kayak Hobie Qualifier
- Optional tournament for kayak fishermen – winner receives invitation to Hobie Worlds.
- If you wish to compete in the Hobie Qualifier, you must register at the iAngler Tournament site.
- You must submit fish for the team competition through the iAngler Tournament site or app.
- Score will be the highest possible point total made up of 10 fish.
- The Kayak Hobie Qualifier requires that fish be photographed with measuring device AND 2019 Striper Cup sticker visible.
- CLICK HERE for a printable PDF version of the 2019 Striper Cup sticker
Prizes Awarded at StriperFest:
- Entrants from each category (Boat, Shore, Youth) will be selected in a semi-random weighted drawing to appear on stage at StriperFest for the chance to win category prizes.
Angler of the Year
- Selected by the Striper Cup Committee and gauged by a number of factors including: number of fish submitted, overall size of catches, quality of photos, and demonstrations of sportsmanship and service to the fishing community.
- Angler of the Year winners are not eligible to win in consecutive years.
2019 Striper Cup Rules
- The Striper Cup is open to persons using any type of non-electric rod and reel including fly rods.
- Youth Category prizes are open to persons who have not reached their 13th birthday on the last day of the Tournament.
- Entrants must declare any team affiliation at the time of registration or before the start of the Tournament (May 1, 2019). Only one entry per person.
- The Tournament opens at 12:00 AM May 1, 2019, and closes at 11:59 PM on Sunday, September 15, 2019. A competitor must be registered in the Tournament before commencing to fish.
- Participants must comply with all state and federal laws governing the catch of eligible species. The fishing method known as yo-yoing, including any method that uses weights inserted into a bait and not attached to the angler’s line, is not permitted in the Striper Cup.
- Participants are expected to submit photos before the end of the week when the fish is caught. Intentionally submitting a photo during a later week is grounds for disqualification of the participant.
- The weekly limit of up to 3 fish (first 3 entered that week by an individual) is totaled for a sum of length in inches. At the end of each week, all participants will be entered in a semi-random weighted prize drawing. The number of weekly total inches per individual is equal to the number of prize-drawing entries earned over the week.
- For Team competition for the Striper Cup Trophy, a team’s final score will be the highest possible total inches made up of 10 fish caught by at least 5 different anglers.
- Registered adult participants in attendance at StriperFest 2019 will be eligible to enter the drawing for the Grand Prize.
- Any dispute with the standings must be raised prior to 5pm on Monday, September 23, 2019.
- Any prize won by a minor will be awarded to minor’s parent or legal guardian named at the time of entry. Prize recipients are responsible for payment of all applicable state and federal taxes on awards. Prizes not collected at StriperFest will be subject to shipping and handling charges. Prizes not claimed by December 31, 2019 will be forfeited.
DISCLOSURE OF PRIOR OFFENSE: Participants who have been charged with a fisheries-related violation within 3 years prior to the start date of the Striper Cup must notify the Tournament Committee via letter or email prior to registration. Any participant who has been previously disqualified from the Striper Cup tournament or any other fishing tournament must also notify the Tournament Committee via letter or email prior to registration. Please include your account of the event, any supporting materials you might have, and a personal statement explaining why you should be allowed to participate in the Striper Cup.
The On The Water Tournament Committee retains sole discretion to determine the winners, to award prizes, and to resolve disagreements or disputes between and among participants in accordance with the rules of the Tournament. The Committee may disqualify from the tournament and/or from any or all future Striper Cup Tournaments any person or persons who falsify information, violate the tournament rules, falsely testify for or against any person, or act in what the committee determines to be an unsportsmanlike manner either during or prior to participation in the Tournament. Any party aggrieved by a decision of the On The Water Tournament Committee must present a written grievance, signed by the party, to the On The Water Tournament Committee within 48 hours of the decision being challenged. The Committee will investigate all grievances and may conduct a hearing to resolve the grievance. It may call witnesses, question the party involved in the incident giving rise to the grievance and, if necessary, have any and all persons involved or with knowledge of the incident submit to a polygraph test. The Committee’s decision to uphold, deny, or make any ruling regarding a grievance shall be definitive and final. In no event shall any participant aggrieved by the Committee’s decision on a grievance have the right to assert a claim against or otherwise challenge the decision of the Committee or any member of the Committee in a court of law or other forum. On The Water reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value. On The Water reserves the right to use a contestant’s image and likeness for all promotional purposes. By submitting an image, you grant On The Water a nonexclusive right, in perpetuity, to publish the images for On The Water and it’s sponsors’ purposes in any format, including in publications and on the website. Entry fees may be paid by credit card or cash.