How To Participate in the 2020 Striper Cup:
- Tournament opens Friday, May 1, 2020. Tournament ends Sunday, September 20, 2020.
- Submit up to 3 fish photos per week, entries of ANY length accepted.
- More inches = more chances to win weekly prize drawings!
- Fish can be caught by boat, shore, or kayak.
- STRIPERFEST will be held on Saturday, September 26, 2020.
- You don’t even have to catch a fish to win the GRAND PRIZE – a brand-new boat!
Win Individual Weekly Prizes:
- All entrants are eligible!
- Submit photos of up to 3 fish per week on StriperCup.com.
- You tell us the length of the fish.
- Every inch gives you a chance in weekly prize drawings.
- Weekly entries will also be judged for Costa Sunglasses photo contest, which rewards the top photo each week.
- Submit your entry and photo through our online form. Catches for the week close at 11:59 PM Sunday evenings. Submissions for the week should be submitted by the following Monday at 5:00 PM.
Prizes Awarded at StriperFest:
- Entrants from each category (Boat, Shore, Youth) will be selected in a semi-random weighted drawing to appear on stage at StriperFest for the chance to win category prizes.
Angler of the Year
- Selected by the Striper Cup Committee and gauged by a number of factors including: number of fish submitted, overall size of catches, quality of photos, and demonstrations of sportsmanship and service to the fishing community.
- Angler of the Year winners are not eligible to win in consecutive years.
2020 Striper Cup Rules
- The Striper Cup is open to persons using any type of non-electric rod and reel including fly rods.
- Youth Category prizes are open to persons who have not reached their 16th birthday on the last day of the Tournament.
- The Tournament opens at 12:00 AM May 1, 2020, and closes at 11:59 PM on September 20, 2020. A competitor must be registered in the Tournament before commencing to fish.
- Participants must comply with all state and federal laws governing the catch of striped bass.
- Participants are expected to submit photos for the week when the fish is caught. Intentionally submitting a photo during a later week is grounds for disqualification of the participant.
- The weekly limit of up to 3 fish (first 3 entered that week by an individual) is totaled for a sum of length in inches. At the end of each week, all participants will be entered in a semi-random weighted prize drawing. The number of weekly total inches per individual is equal to the number of prize-drawing entries earned over the week.
- Registered adult participants in attendance at StriperFest 2020 will be eligible to enter the drawing for the Grand Prize.
- Any dispute with the standings must be raised prior to 5pm on September 24, 2020.
- Any prize won by a minor will be awarded to minor’s parent or legal guardian named at the time of entry. Prize recipients are responsible for payment of all applicable state and federal taxes on awards. Prizes not collected at StriperFest will be subject to shipping and handling charges. Prizes not claimed by December 31, 2020 will be forfeited.
DISCLOSURE OF PRIOR OFFENSE: Participants who have been charged with a fisheries-related violation within 3 years prior to the start date of the Striper Cup must notify the Tournament Committee via letter or email prior to registration. Any participant who has been previously disqualified from the Striper Cup tournament or any other fishing tournament must also notify the Tournament Committee via letter or email prior to registration. Please include your account of the event, any supporting materials you might have, and a personal statement explaining why you should be allowed to participate in the Striper Cup.
The On The Water Tournament Committee retains sole discretion to determine the winners, to award prizes, and to resolve disagreements or disputes between and among participants in accordance with the rules of the Tournament. The Committee may disqualify from the tournament and/or from any or all future Striper Cup Tournaments any person or persons who falsify information, violate the tournament rules, falsely testify for or against any person, or act in what the committee determines to be an unsportsmanlike manner either during or prior to participation in the Tournament. Any party aggrieved by a decision of the On The Water Tournament Committee must present a written grievance, signed by the party, to the On The Water Tournament Committee within 48 hours of the decision being challenged. The Committee will investigate all grievances and may conduct a hearing to resolve the grievance. It may call witnesses, question the party involved in the incident giving rise to the grievance and, if necessary, have any and all persons involved or with knowledge of the incident submit to a polygraph test. The Committee’s decision to uphold, deny, or make any ruling regarding a grievance shall be definitive and final. In no event shall any participant aggrieved by the Committee’s decision on a grievance have the right to assert a claim against or otherwise challenge the decision of the Committee or any member of the Committee in a court of law or other forum. On The Water reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value. On The Water reserves the right to use a contestant’s image and likeness for all promotional purposes. By submitting an image, you grant On The Water a nonexclusive right, in perpetuity, to publish the images for On The Water and it’s sponsors’ purposes in any format, including in publications and on the website. Entry fees may be paid by credit card or cash.